KPRD Golf Rules of Play
- Last Revised
- April 1st 2017
Kernersville Parks and Recreation strives to improve the quality of life and safety for its citizens and employees by offering diverse quality programs, activities, parks, and town facilities, while also protecting the environment.
To provide an opportunity for men and women, ages 18 and older, to form teams and participate in organized league play in accordance with the Rules and By-Laws outlined herein.
Each team is required to register their team during assigned registration dates. Each team must have an appointed team captain that is responsible for the league communication with the parks and recreation department.
The team entry fee of $100.00 will be payable prior to the start of the season. Fee covers administration fees and awards. There will be a League Champion and Tournament Champion. No refunds will be given after schedules have been printed. A cart and green fee must also be paid to the golf course by each individual before each round.
Olde Homeplace- $15
Please use your own judgement with concerns with the weather.
- Roster maximum is 7.
- A player must be 18 years old by May 15th.
- A player is required to play in at least one regular season match to be eligible for tournament.
- All players must sign waiver release forms.
- Any player playing under an assumed name will be suspended a minimum of one year.
- Any captain who knowingly plays an illegal player will serve the same suspension as the player.
Team Captain Responsibilities:
- All captains must submit team roster before the 1st first regular season round of play. All matches will be forfeited until a complete roster form is checked by the recreation department.
- The team captain or his representative shall give the score cards to a golf course attendant at the end of each round.
- The captain’s job is to maintain proper conduct among his team members at all times.
- Captains should be examples for their players. All players must follow the course rules provided on the back of the scorecards.
Teams must wear proper golf attire.
League Points System
- Team Points: -18points- Teams will be awarded 2 points for each hole they win. In the event of a tie on a hole each team will receive 1 point.
- Match Points: -4 points- The team that has the lowest score at the end of 9 holes will receive 4 points. In the event of a tie each team will receive 2 points.
- Bonus Points:
- Hole in One -2 Points
- Albatross -2 Points
- Eagle -1 Point-
All Team Points, Match Points and Bonus Points will be added together after each match to determine a winner. Total points will be used to break any ties.
USGA Rules apply
- Season: 12 Week League, Tournament
- Meadowlands (542 Meadowlands Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27107)
- Olde Homeplace (4295 Wallburg Road, Winston-Salem, 27107)
- Dates: May – September
- Day: Monday
- Tee Times: after 5:15
- Format of play is Captain’s Choice.
- Each player plays from the tee, selects the best drive and each player will hit from that spot. The process is continued until the ball is holed out.
- You may lift, clean, and place your ball within one club length of the selected shot no closer to the hole.
- If the selected shot is played from a hazard, bunker, rough, fairway, or fringe of the green, every ball must be placed from that spot.
- All teams should be on the first tee at scheduled start time.
- All teams must complete 9 holes each round.
- Must have at least three players to play a match. If there is a three-some, only 3 shots will be played. No alternating shots.
- No mulligan’s
- Putting: Everyone must putt out; there will be no “gimmies”
- Triple Bogey is the maximum score allowed on each hole.
- DO NOT CHEAT!
- Meadowlands- Men play from the blue; Women play from the red; 65 & older play from the white
- Olde Homeplace- Men play form the green; Women play from the red; 65 & older play from the gold
- All protests must be filed with the athletic coordinator within (24) twenty-four hours of the game, in writing, with a $25.00 protest fee. If the protesting team wins the protest the fee shall be returned. If the protesting team loses the protest the fee is forfeited.
Code of Conduct
The Parks and Recreation Department strives to encourage good clean competition and sportsmanship. Therefore, all teams are asked to cooperate with the course rules, course employees, and league administrators.
- Use proper golf etiquette.
- No abusive or foul language.
- No fighting.
- Do not abuse golf course equipment or the course itself.
- If a player is ejected from the course, the penalized player must leave the course immediately or the team forfeits the match.
- If a player is ejected from the course, the penalized player will serve a 2 round suspension.
At the conclusion of regular season play, a tournament will be played. The tournament schedule and rules will be handed out to each team prior to the end of the regular season.
Jurisdiction of Rules
The Kernersville Parks & Recreation Department holds the rights to change, add, or alter any of the local rules to for the improvement of the league.