Fourth of July Park
- Last Revised
- April 25th 2017
The following actions are prohibited in the park:
- Driving motorized vehicles in areas of the park not defined as “Parking lots” or “overflow parking”
- Soliciting or peddling without consent from the KPRD
- Disturbances or disorderly conduct.
- Defacement of any plant material.
- Endangerment of animals/wildlife.
- Starting of fires outside of designated areas
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Possession of a weapon.
- Possession or discharge of fireworks
- No aggressive or dangerous pets allowed
- No posting of promotional materials within the park without authorization
Riding bicycles and skateboard on the trails is prohibited.
Vivian F Bennett Memorial Dog Park
- This facility is an unstaffed and for UNDER OWN RISK usage. Dog owners are solely responsible for their dog’s behavior and any damage to property, persons, or other dogs.
- Park Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- A designated area for Large Breed (17” and above standing shoulder height) and Small Breed dogs (16” and below standing shoulder height) is provided within the facility. Owners are encouraged to use the appropriate area designated for their dog.
- All dogs must remain leashed until inside the double gated leash removal area. Dogs must remain unleashed while inside the facility. Dogs must be returned to a leash prior to exiting. Each dog must have its own leash.
- Owners must remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- Please remove choke, spike, shock, pinch, prong, or any other collar that may injure other dogs. These are prohibited within the facility.
- Owners are required to collect and properly dispose of all dog waste and litter in provided receptacles.
- Animals other than dogs are prohibited from use of the facility.
- Each owner is limited to two (2) dogs within the dog park at any one time.
- Dogs shall at all times wear a collar with ID, displaying dog license and rabies vaccination.
- Puppies less than 6 months old are prohibited from the facility.
- Sick or injured dogs are not allowed in the facility. Owners of dogs with sickness or displaying sick or injured behavior will be required to remove their dog immediately. This includes untreated flea and tick problems.
- Aggressive dogs and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive, hostile, or combative behavior. Any dog found to have bitten another dog/person will lose all future dog park privileges.
- Strollers, bicycles, children’s riding toys, skateboards, etc. are not allowed within the park. Wheelchairs for persons who are disabled are permitted.
- Dog owners must be 18 years of age or older. Children accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised by an adult. Children under the age of 10 are prohibited and must remain outside the fenced area.
- While bite-sized training treats are permitted, food in bowls and long-lasting chews or glass containers are prohibited
- Eating and smoking is strictly prohibited within the facility.
- Owners must fill any and all holes dug by their dogs.
- Businesses, such as Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use the facility to conduct or promote their business unless approved in writing by the Kernersville Parks & Recreation Department.
- The Kernersville Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to close the facility to the public at any time for specified purposes.
- All bites must be reported immediately by contacting the Forsyth County Animal Control Office at 336-767-6293, subject to Chapter 6-17 “Animal Bites” of the Forsyth County Code of Ordinances.
- Facility users creating a disturbance or violating posted rules must immediately leave the area if requested by law enforcement personnel, park personnel, or their designated agents.
- For questions or to report a problem with the facility, please call the Parks & Recreation office at 996-3062.
- No foul language.
- No smoking, food, or drinks inside the skate park.
- Weapons are prohibited at the park.
- No trespassing after operational hours.
- No Fighting.
- No waxing of rails, ramps or other equipment.
- No standing around in the middle of the skate park area.
- All spectators must stay on the outside perimeter of the skate park.
- Must wear helmet, elbow and knee pads at all times while inside the skate park area.
- Skate at your own risk.