Harmon Park is Kernersville’s oldest, and most storied park. Nearly all Kernersville natives have a childhood story about Harmon Park. Each memory paints a picture of this park’s significance to Kernersville history. It is named after D.W. Harmon. Harmon Served as the Town Clerk in the 1920’s. Upon his death he bequeathed part of his land to the Town of Kernersville to become its very first town park.
In the spirit of Harmon’s original donation to the public many other town citizens have donated additions to this park over the years. This includes a wedding gazebo donated by Margaret Burkes in honor of her husband Leo, the Harmon Linville fountain which honors former town mayor Harmon Linville, and the first Declan’s Playground built in honor of Declan Donoghue and his spirit of play.